[Typo3-dev] Questions about Paths

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Tue Mar 23 17:55:13 CET 2004

You can choose any more of "configurability" - but the point of that
function is that it will validate the *validity* of the path. For
instance it requires your path to be relative to PATH_site, it makes
sure there are no backpath ("../") in it etc. It does NOT check if file
exists but that is easy. It also returns an absolute path reference
which is straight forward to read or include.

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 17:40, Lars Erler wrote:
> Hello
>
> thx for your fast reply, but I'm not sure how to use it with my problem.
>
> I want is that my paths are configurable, that means it should be doable
> like the most extensions with the constant editor.(or with TS in the
> template, no matter which way)
>
> The problem is that I have no idea how to make this,the best would be if
> someone could please post a small example that I get the comprehension.
>
> Lars
>

> Kasper Skårhøj schrieb:
>
> > See t3lib_div::getFileAbsFileName()
> >

> > On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 16:18, Lars Erler wrote:
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I'm trying to write my own extension :-)Everything works fine for me if
> >>I hardcode my paths (e.g. for an external application) directly in the
> >>extension.
> >>But what I want is that my paths could be configurable, that means for
> >>me in the constant editor or somewhere else.
> >>
> >>Example:
> >>
> >>in my extension I have hardcoded that path
> >>
> >>require_once('/home/www/somewhere/config.inc.php');
> >>

> >>What I want is something like this, this didn't work for me :-(
> >>
> >>require_once($this->cObj->stdWrap($conf['pocconfig']./config.inc.php];
> >>
> >>??!!
> >>
> >>What I have to do to solve that Problem?
> >>

> >>Lars

Best regards

- kasper