[Typo3-dev] tslib_content::getAltParam()

Andreas Schwarzkopf schwarzkopf at artplan21.de
Mon Mar 22 18:27:39 CET 2004

Hi Martin,

Martin T. Kutschker schrieb:

 > IMHO it
 > would be more sensible to use the alt-text as title-text and have an
 > empty alt-tag. This saves bandwith and old-style alt-texts should in
 > 99.9% really be title-texts.

this suggestion goes completely against the Accessibility Guidelines
(point 1.1, highest priority) ->
<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#gl-provide-equivalents>.
The Guidelines are a base for some laws, especially the BITV in Germany.
  If we want to advertise for TYPO3 as a system wich support the
Accessibility (what some TYPO3 projects are working on), we must not
clean all the alt tags.

Another point is, the MSIE only shows the title tags on links. All other
title tags would go to Nirvana or can only be shown by Mozilla.

So, my point of view is, to let this as it is or may be to give a
possibility to the site developer to set some title tags if he likes to.

Grtx

Andreas