[Typo3-dev] Typo3 Data Model && call for ideas

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Sat Mar 13 10:06:16 CET 2004

> Probably can't really help but I am very interested 'cause the workflow
> engine I am integrating is JAVA as well. So I am actually some
> little JAVA Integration with php_java.
>
> It might be very interesting to have/use some classes of a basic
> Java-end there too, cause it might serve as an "invoked application
> interface" from workflow-engine back to Typo3 as an alternative to SOAP,
> which would still have to be done also.

We're almost at a Java Typo3!?

My strategy is to have really good UI-Logic-data separation (via the
resource object). So a Java UI would be sent (via SOAP or whatever -
doesn't matter and could vary from installation to installation and even
between parts of the UI!) everything required to work on the
content/record. To save changes the Java UI would send SOAP (...) back
and Php would create objects for each of the "reesources" to be
changed/saved.

The resources system also does workflow - completely hierarchical and
infinitely customisable!

Still got to get to grips with Java though

dan