[Typo3-dev] Improvement of function validEmail($email)

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Tue Mar 9 00:20:19 CET 2004

Dominic Brander wrote:
> hi
> if you are working on an improved email validation please do remember
> that in the nearest future mails like müller at müllermilch.de will be
> possible... and don't forget about all the other possibilities...

As far as I have understood, those funky umlauts in domain names are not
meant to work with smtp/mx-records.

<rant>
Kinda stupid idea of some marketing assholes. If they really wanted i18n
they'd used Unicode instead of this ridiculous scheme which adds only a
meager 100 or so characters.
</rant>

Masi