[Typo3-dev] DBAL extension progress & call for help

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Tue Jun 22 18:39:25 CEST 2004

Hello everyone,

here is something you have been waiting for: a status update on the
DBAL progress. Yay :)

To make a long story short, you won't have TYPO3 up and running on
Oracle after reading this post. But you can help us getting
there. Here's how to do it: Go to
 http://preview.fishfarm.de/dbal/
and read the text below the file list. Then read the PDF file there,
if you want, or look at the TODO.txt or the mind map.

Then go back to the start, read the section titled 'What is your task
now?' once again, and test the patches.

Unless we know that these patches don't do any harm, they won't go
into the core. If the core is not changed, the DBAL extension won't
work. If it can't work anyway, I won't release it for further
testing... Easy, right?

 * This is your chance to help getting this out the door!

Ok, to give you some more motivation: We have TYPO3 up and running on
Oracle in one test setup, and things basically work. There's still a
lot to do (testing, cleanup, further research, more features, more
documentation, more DB handlers, speed tuning, ...).

<shameless_plug>
If you have some spare money, consider a donation. We invested a lot
of time, and will continue to do so in the future. Your chance to a
few minutes of fame :)
</shameless_plug>

Happy testing,
Karsten
--
fishfarm netsolutions - Karsten Dambekalns
Echternstraße 73 - 38100 Braunschweig

Tel. +49 531 1232902  k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Fax. +49 531 1232906  http://www.fishfarm.de/