[Typo3-dev] Usermanagement improvement for managing contents possible?

"Rafael Schär beyoumedia.com" typo3 at goldkueste.ch
Sun Jun 20 22:46:27 CEST 2004

Hi List,

thanx for reading this, hope you share my thoughts or tell me that at
least that I am not tooo far ;-)
For me actually it is little bit a chaotic concept behind the User
Management and Settings which can be made by TS. (for me at least, don't
wan't  to cry too loud, because I am realy happy with typo ;-)

But wherever there is much light, there is also the dark :-D

I am looking for a solution for a proper management of the Wizard and
its behaviour.
Because, for me, it is absolutly not satisfying while I am teaching
clients, using, inserting content elements; they are to confused, when I
am telling them: "yes, there are many functions, but don't click on it" ;-)

May I explain myself...

Problem:
--------
As I know, something is not implemented yet. (either in the version 3.6.x)
It works to remove all the buttons, "create new record", but this is not
the way it should be, I think.
And for the new Templating System "Templavoila" while creating a new
Element, it starts everytime the multiple content selection page
db_new_content_el.php

Questions:
----------
Has anybody a proper solution for managing the content elements with the
user rights?

Had anybody already started for a solution or is something planed?

If not, you may give me some hints how to come closer to implement or
change the behaviour in the core myself?

Target:
-------
- I want enable the user with only some specific content elements or
plugIn's, which he can add and manage.
  !and not added or disabled types, even don't apear!
- When set for a user, it should be an overall behaviour.
- Just an Idea more,.. Also "Create a new record" could automaticly
opens a specified and in the TS specified content element, for easy and
dummy use. (KISS compatible) Keep it stupid simple

The goal should be the Implementatio of something like the following TS
Code and particularly it should be an overall behaviour, it is to say,
declare the Content Types and PlugIn's the User is allowed to add, use
and manage and everything is affected (wizard, selectboxes ...)

mod.web_layout {

enableContentElements {

html = 1
textpic = 0