[Typo3-dev] Incorrect numbering of headings in online typo3-docs

Steffen Mueller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 18 22:32:17 CEST 2004

On 18.06.2004 20:21 Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> Headers on the first level is simply achieved with "Heading 1" in the
> template. BUT please reserve that heading for major sections. Notice;
> Only very large documents with close to or above hundred pages uses the
> top level. All extension manuals should only use "Heading 2" for major
> sections down to "Heading 5".

Hi Kasper,

thanks for your quick answer. I will take your notice into account
(trying to improve debian install doc).

Just one question left:
The doc title is formatted with "Heading 1". Therefore it is impossible
to have a different first heading than doc title.
My plan was:

TITLE: "Installing Typo3 on Debian Woody"

1. Introduction
   1.1 Objective of this documentation
   1.2 Recommended Docs (...)

2. Quick Installation: for the impatient who can't wait...
   2.1 Installation
   2.2 Configuration (...)

3. Verbose Installation
   3.1 Required software (...)

I'd vote for a general seperation of title and heading 1.
What do you think?

P.S. Seems like Denmark is heading for the quarter finals. Maybe against
Germany (remembering 1992...) ;-)

--
cheers,
Steffen