[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 on a Knoppix CD?

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Fri Jun 18 12:56:47 CEST 2004

Hi,

> Sure, I'd be happy to participate. Right now I'm downloading the latests
> KNOPPIX version, cause all three projects I mentioned earlier didn't look
> too promising. In addition to that, I'm downloading the SUSE 9.1 LiveCD,
> that may be usable, too, but probably harder to scale down to < 200 MB.

I will try out the way by building the system through a builder script
such as jigdo.

Advantages:
If the script builds the most part based on a standard distribution,
anyone can build one himself.

Debian Base:            ~ 120 MB
X-Server + XFACE 4.x:   ???
Mozilla-Firefox:        ???
AMP + Typo3:            ???

If the border of 200 MByte breaks, Crypto-Loop helps.
Microdebs will be used wherever possible, otherwise build one by
stripping the deb from doc parts.

If anyone wants to participate that way, let me know.
Prefered way, implementing in perl, there should be many modules
make the work more easy.

Greetings Sven