[Typo3-dev] Re: OT: RealUrl importance?

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Wed Jun 16 21:07:55 CEST 2004

Hi,

On 2004-06-16, Jan Bruvoll <jan at brvl.com> wrote:
> Hmm - maybe for small sites, but for larger sites you're digging
> yourself a big hole if you expect users to remember -anything- exact. To

Why would they have to? I'd think that people either remeber a
'navigation path' through a site, or set a bookmark. But I'm more a
technician than a user/usability expert. :)

> /123.0.html. People tend not to remember numbers, however they can very
> well remember things that they relate to in real life. They can also

Well, I was speaking for myself, and I can remember 123.0.html better
than, well, something long.

I have to admit that RealUrl helps when using the automatic URL
completion :) , but aside from that I *rarely* type in URLs.

Karsten