[Typo3-dev] Re: OT: RealUrl importance?

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Wed Jun 16 17:03:50 CEST 2004

from my point of view and for the webprojects i'm going to develop (big
clients), it'll be very important to have professional and goodlooking
URLS (and easy to setup)..

i was going the sports.0.html way.. but things were getting hard to
manage as long as i was having hundreads of pages in multilingual!
many times (and i was <50 pages) i found myself "out of aliases".. that
means that i had already set an alias name somewhere else and typo3
renamed the new one in other ways.. many times i even forgot to set the
alias (and it would be hard to explain to all my client's editors to
set an alias name for every new page they create)

i don't think it's much a question of peaople remembering urls...
for me it's more related with sending around (maybe via email ) urls
that "speaks by themself"
all other opensource professional cms have this feature (ez, mambo,
plone..)
it'll really a good added value to the whole typo3 projects (ehi, most
of the clients and users just see the frontend!!)

well.. at the end: for me realURL is an important feature
there are two active developers working on this extension (last cvs
update was 5 days ago, so they are _really_ working on it), typo3 was
realURLed some weeks ago.. i don't think it's something we can miss for
too long. :)

hug everybody
stefano