[Typo3-dev] tt_news another suggestion/question :))

Alexander Suellentrop nospam.usenet at oleco.net
Mon Jun 14 22:49:48 CEST 2004

Hi!

> If I include news latest element in template (to be available on all
> pages) when I'm on page that contains news single record, my latest
> record becomes single too.
>
> That is easily solved by changing line 332 of
> tt_news/pi/class.tx_ttnews.php to:
>
> if ($this->tt_news_uid && ($theCode=="SINGLE" ||
> $this->config["displayCurrentRecord"])) {

That's what I did as well. And I keep getting problems, for example when I
select a certain month in the archive my latest box changes from displaying
the very latest news to displaying the latest news of the selected month
which is not intended, of course. But these problems occur only because the
latest view is not to be used the way we (and many others) use it :P

> should we have another display mode for showing latest news as template
> element (such I've described above), should we tweak exising "LATEST"
> mode so we can choose if it will always be latest (if on every page) or
> should it resolve to single (if page content element), or finally should
> we let it be just as is and tweak code manually if we need latest as a
> template element?

Since the archive, or the search function affects the latest view i'd
recommend having a new mode, let's say "latest_box" which ALWAYS displays
the last entries, now matter if any month is selected/single view is
displayed/search is done.

I already tried to implement something like that but unfortunately I'm not
able to do that yet :(

We might have to ask Stig for some help...

Regards,
Aleks.