[Typo3-dev] tt_news another suggestion/question :))

Toni Milovan tmilovan at efpu.hr
Fri Jun 11 15:18:49 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm developing a news site right now and have encountered interesting
problem.

If I include news latest element in template (to be available on all
pages) when I'm on page that contains news single record, my latest
record becomes single too.

That is easily solved by changing line 332 of
tt_news/pi/class.tx_ttnews.php to:

if ($this->tt_news_uid && ($theCode=="SINGLE" ||
$this->config["displayCurrentRecord"])) {

Im in dilemma now:

should we have another display mode for showing latest news as template
element (such I've described above), should we tweak exising "LATEST"
mode so we can choose if it will always be latest (if on every page) or
should it resolve to single (if page content element), or finally should
we let it be just as is and tweak code manually if we need latest as a
template element?

Cheers,

Toni