[Typo3-dev] 3.6.2 to be released soon

Robert Lemke rl at robertlemke.de
Mon Jun 14 08:26:42 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 14:19, Michael Stucki wrote:
> Hmmm. One general question: Should we fix bugs which have no corresponding
> bugreport? It may be stupid but it's cleaner. What do you think?

I won't. Really, it always takes some time to fix a bug even if it's
only one line!

An example (bug #123): ctrabolo submitted a bug that "stripHTML" should
be processed after "crop" in the stdWrap function.

That makes sense, but you have to think about it very intensively: Will
it break someone's template? What other consequences are possible? I
didn't find any bad affects, so I changed it and committed it to the
HEAD branch (3.7.0-dev).

Then I wrote an email to Kasper to inform him about the bugfix. He looks
at it, has to think about the consequences from his global view and that
approves it.

Now the change is done, but it has to be documented: The order of
stdWraps in TSref has to be changed ...

So, even if it's a small task: Doing a backport to 3.6.2 after this
chain for a tiny bug, is some additional work! That's why I opt for not
including this kind of bugfix into older versions.

You see?

Now, if someone requests a feature or submits a new bug report for a
tweak or minor problem, I would gladly put that into the HEAD branch,
but don't want to take the additional work of backporting it. Security
related bugs are excluded by this, of course.

--
robert

"They placed me on this earth without a manual.
 And I dare to say, I’m doing just fine without ;)"