[Typo3-dev] ImageMagick V6

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Tue Jun 8 19:04:27 CEST 2004

Hi Michiel,

>> [PHP-Imagick]

> Sorry, but I have a few deadlines before my holidays, so this would be
> hard. My guess is, it's as fast as ImageMagick commandline, excluded the
> system call.

Yeah, but it's still hard to extend TYPO3 for making it work with this
extension. Is it worth it?

> I know, *and* they change the parameters, so the code has to cope with
> *that*. If you use a .so/.dll there's no more commandline order (if the
> module plays nice)

Bat option! If you can load an extension to PHP then you have superuser
rights, and in that case it would (I think so) be much easier to install
GraphicsMagick instead. They don't have these problems, and we could
probably provide a statically linked binary for the users...

> You'd need root access to install the module (mandrake has a package for
> it!) but you'd not need anymore system calls from within typo3. Maybe
> that plays better with safe-mode ?

Has nothing to do with that. If you're root, then you won't have problems
with safemode anyways...

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html