[Typo3-dev] Additional Stylesheet for visually impaired + chinese/arabic/etc.

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Tue Jun 8 14:26:12 CEST 2004

Hi Folks.

The backend runs with a stylesheet which renders very small characters.
First of all, this can be overridden through the skin-API so there are
no immediate problems.

BUT I was thinking that maybe a user would like to have it in his user
profile to raise the size of the fonts a bit if they are usually too
small for his sight. Or when I look at the backend in chinese or arabic
I often think that it must be impossible to decipher those blobs of
pixels unless the font-size is higher.

Now, the question is:
- Are these issues real or will people just increase font-size in the
browser?
- Is there are way to ask the browser CSS to universally raise
font-sizes (so I don't have to override every font-size CSS attribute
from the main stylesheet)
- Is there a way to obtain a SINGLE stylesheet which renders arabic,
chinese and latin characters all readable in small sizes? (Using
something else than "px"?)

PLEASE NOTICE;
a) I'm asking about the backend!
b) I don't want "Yes, just do it". I need to know if this is really
worth spending time on since there are always other priorities as well!

Any suggestions from translators / accessibility folks?

--

- kasper