[Typo3-dev] braindump: TYPO3 foundation

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond at fsa.ulaval.ca
Mon Jun 7 17:27:42 CEST 2004

"Jan Wischnat" <jan at wischnat.de> :

> > Yes - and so the question is: how many people are interested? How should
> > membership work? What kinds of membership? ... I think that we agree we
> > need a professional organisation.
>
> YES! I suggest a meeting in September 2004 in Darmstadt :-) So we could
> discuss on the list until the meeting and then count and vote?

So Jan, you're looking to a TYPO3-Germany-oriented-Foundation ?  ; )

I know TYPO3 is really popular in Germany/Austria and I'm even  a bit
jealous about that but as long as Kasper has not say anything, I feel very
uncomfortable with all those suggestions.

4 years ago, AFAIK, TYPO3 was a one man show. Now with CVS things are *a
bit* distributed or at least development has to possibility to get
distributed (extensions were also a way but lots of things still needs to
get done in Core).

I suppose it is a huge "internal/emotional" task for Kasper to go from his
lonely basement up to where we're aiming now.

As Robert L. suggested, let Kasper speak his mind about it before going to
far.

Patrick