[Typo3-dev] Ideas on a updated tt_news extension?

Daniel Pötzinger operation-lan at gmx.de
Sun Jun 6 18:27:32 CEST 2004

  > It'd be great if comments and ratings were not integrated into tt_news,
> but in some API-providing extension. Comments and ratings could be used
> with many types of extensions (galleries, blogs, ...).

OK it is a better idea of course!

So let me brainstorm the function of such an "API"
- store the ratings and comments default per tt_content element (and the
possiblity to store per other content-elements)
- Interface could be used from other extensions (configuration with TS)
- Additional an plugin "ratings" could be insert (configuration with
FlexForms) the plugin must be bind to a content-element.
- backend modul with overview of rated items/ per timespan/ userbased

Output Interface:
  - show rating (ratingtype could be configured)
  - show comments
  - add comments form

Configuration options:
  - ratingtypes:
	-> simple (1-10 "stars")
	-> simple_choise (radiobuttons like o good | o bad | .. )
	-> poll (like tt_poll)
  - calculating of the simple rates (for example: ignore outliers; per
fe_user valuation)
  - output of the poll (pie|line chart)
  - allow/disallow rating and comments
  - allow/disallow function for logged in users or for all
  - allow/disallow for special fe_usergroups
  - Templatebased