[Typo3-dev] BE Login through URL part 2

Martin T. Kutschker Martin-no5pam-Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Fri Jun 4 21:06:01 CEST 2004

Leendert Brouwer [Netcreators] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know that this discussion has been there before in
> http://typo3.org/documentation/mailing-lists/dev-list-archive/thread/49116/?tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bsword%5D=BE%20user&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Banswered_only%5D=0&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bmode%5D=1 ,
> but I do think I have a good argument to do this anyway. I want to be able
> to execute extension functionality through a cron script.

Hmm, wouldn't it be better to use the "functionality" directly, ie as an
"executable" rather than via http?

AFAIK Typo3 isn't ready for that yet, but there is a growing "demand"
for alternative access to Typo3 via SOAP/XML-RPC or other means that
this would fit in.

Perhaps it might be a nice goal to abstract some/all of teh BE
functionalities, so that arbitrary interfaces coan be defined on it. Be
it RDF/XML "exports", SOAP/XML-RPC calls, etc. I'm arguing here BTW for
freedom of choice. IMHO Typo3 could have a SOAP *and* an XML-RPC
interface. Should be possible then to build a CLI as well.

One problem remains how to setup up the CLI so that no password is
necessary for specific tasks. Make it dependent on OS root rights? Hm.

Masi