[Typo3-dev] More comfort for developers?

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] daniel at typo3.com
Fri Jun 4 12:21:30 CEST 2004

> Mathias Schreiber [K1net] wrote:
>> Butsch [nf] wrote:
>>
>>> What I want to say is that this is in fact not a theoretical but a
>>> very practical debate we're having here. Because there is a solution
>>> at hand, something is there and the first question should be: Is this
>>> a direction we can go into or not before chitchatting about further
>>> solutions?
>>

>> I am going to talk to some friends of mine in Bangalore.
>> They are rather cheap and fast.
>> What I had going on in my mind was something that goes far beyond indent and
>> highlighting.
>> Example:
>> I type 10 = HMENU
>> When I type 10. I want to get a dropdown box with all HMENU properties.
>> This way you could speed up debugging 10 times.
>> Plus: I'd like to click "Save" and make Java do the DB stuff, so no
>> reloading of the page.
>> And I'd like the editor to build an internal TSOB.
>> Example:
>>
> This is partly what ObTS was designed for - the drop down thing. If you
> start building tools for doing TYpoScript you're going to get into
> really ugly code because the particular behaviour is tied to the code.
>
> It would be possible, however, to  build ObTS datatypes purely for
> typoscript tools - and you can building them in Java (i.ve started - and
> i've started them in c++ !). So, the object model is ready for a project
> if you're interested....

That is a much more interesting approach in my  eyes, combining OBTs and an
interface for editing, rather than fiddling with old TS as is. Kasper and
Robert should enter this discussion as they have been brainstorming about
TS2 recently. We would definitely want to have some system for editing
serving any kind of flavour, wouldn't we.

Cheers

Daniel

> Dan

Daniel Hinderink
TYPO3 - get.content.right
Innovation, Marketing, PR
http://www.typo3.com

--
When ideas fail words come in very handy - anonymous