[Typo3-dev] More comfort for developers?

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] daniel at typo3.com
Fri Jun 4 10:15:04 CEST 2004

Hi Matthias, hi butsch,

> The interesting question is:

indeed

> Is there a need for a solution like this?

Somebody write a project description and we'll find out in a short while, if
the market responds.

> If so, do we get the cash-pool up and running?

See above, explain what the plan is and we'll publicise it in the projects
section on org.
This works exeptionally well, sponsoring has been a very good success so far
with DAM, DBAL, partly also the projectmanager and has also started to pick
up on Workflow. There are some new projects in the pipeline, that will be
taking much attention, so it is the right time to squeeze in the editor.

> If not, maybe I would do this as a commercial extension (gotta check back
> with DH and KS) since the bangalore guys estimated something around 2000 -
> 3000 euros (with all the above features).

Why should it be a commercial extension? It should be easy to raise 3000
Euros from the community if there is demand for the proposed features.

> Does this touch GPL?

If it is not a stand alone application it has to be GPL.

> I know everybody will be starting a flame war against me because I want to
> sell something but if we don't get a pool running I don't see another
> perspective.

See above, sponsoring.

I am gone now for two weeks, so butsch,  may be you can write a project
description until then.

Cheers

Daniel

--

Daniel Hinderink
TYPO3 - get.content.right

--
Invest in land. They have stopped making it.
Mark Twain