[Typo3-dev] Extension Repository on typo3.org / suggestion

Mathias Schreiber [K1net] ms at k1net.de
Tue Jun 1 10:57:36 CEST 2004

Alexander Langer wrote:
> IMHO it's a bit, well, "strange" to take advantage of such a great
> _GPL_ed software like Typo3, where others have invested months of
> work, and then don't distribute your own enhancements just because
> you don't get money for it.

How do you earn your money?
I have to live from that and need to feed another 4 people.
So if I don't have the sparetime to finish an extension and folks keep
complaining why it's not finished they can speed up development by "buying"
my time for that.
Plus: I suggest you read Hans' post again.
Quote:
"sponsoring doesn't always mean money, but also a helping hand"

> As you would have paid thousands of $$$ for a commercial CMS on the
> niveau of Typo3, you can see this as the "sponsorship" you have
> already gotten from the project.  Hence, I can't see why he can't
> just upload the ext.

see above

> There's a big difference to features that are not yet written and
> somone sponsors development, though, but it seems Norman has already
> written the Ext, so this is no reason at all.

This might be so.
But as far as I got Hans right, the development isn't finished yet.

> Obviously, someone didn't understand the nature of OpenSource here.

I will *not* start a discussion on that topic now.