[Typo3-dev] Extension Repository on typo3.org / suggestion

Hans J. Martin hans-jakob.martin at gmx.net
Tue Jun 1 09:19:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

not knowing who is currently in charge of the extRep on typo3.org my
suggestion will hopefully  reach the right persons here:
While looking for some extensions I get sometimes advices to ask x or y for
that, because they have already done such an extension and just needing some
sponsorship. As it might be very hard to get these insider informations I
suggest to make an new options for downloadable extensions: "Not yet
released, sponsorhip needed". The extension itself should not be
downloadable for eveyone, but the manual should be available to see what it
exactly does.
In this way people could see what is currently being available and can get
in touch with the right people. (If I got that right, sponsoring doesn't
always mean money, but also a helping hand? Otherways we are just about to
make a shopping mall for extensions..)

As an example the eu_ldap extension lacks of some sponsorship (as Norman
said to me) so the latest Version is not public at all. There are many users
hardly needing this version for their work and - not knowing that it
exists - writing their own ones and wasting time.
(Moreover while I have cleaned up the code a lot (put it in an class), made
some improvements (e.g. DBAL, using newloginbox_2.3) and finaly added an
single sign on featuire for novell netware. (Improvmet in latest, not public
version), I am a little bit frustated that Norman can not upload this
because of missing sponsoring (certainly I send him my code)).

So would this be a nice option for the extRep on Typo3?

Rgds,
Hans