[Typo3-dev] Just want to applause... :-)

Stig N. Jepsen stig at 8620.dk
Sun Jul 25 11:15:48 CEST 2004

I just want to give an applause to Typo3.

I think that things are heading in the right direction!
With the Wiki, typo3xdev and new newsgroups (tt-news and calendar for
instance) I think that we are starting to see some movements and better
collaboration in key extensions.
Actually, what I missed very much in Typo3 was good and easy to setup
key extensions for news and calendar. Now things really seem to clear
up!

Although I think that there still are some areas which could be improved
much... it would be nice if Typo3.org was more updated.

In my opinion Typo3.org could be more community oriented. I see that
there already is a wiki page for the documents section on typo3.org.
Would it be an idea to create a section for typo3.org as a whole?

One thing which I think is important in a community, is to be able to
keep yourself updated on what's going on.
Things like:
Someone has become new maintainer of some extension (not every
extension, but the important ones).
Or if there is a new major release of a key extension.
And shoutout to the community. Like once in a while Kasper says
something on the dev-list which is nice to know for many people. This
would be nice to have on a news page too.

And maybe there are other things to consider as well, apart from the
news section.

Just my two cents to think or react about. :-)

/Stig