[Typo3-dev] Status on extension reviews...?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2004 at typo3.com
Mon Jul 19 09:20:07 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 09:11, Stig N. Jepsen wrote:
> I think that it is very important that we get some kind of rating and
> comment system for the extensions. Currently there are so many
> extensions available, - for example - which calendar extension should I
> choose? Should I go for the original extension extended by other
> extensions or should I....? If there were comments and ratings on the
> different extensions, it would be much easier to get a picture over
> which extension I should choose.)

Derived from this mail:

A rating system requires changes to the code that runs typo3.org
(basically the extension I made specifically for TER).
Since I'm overloaded and always will be, the natural step would be to
ask someone else to do it.
Is there any person in the community who we all trust to take over the
maintenance of the software which I originally wrote (some 6000
codelines for TER and documentation repository)? We will all depend on
its stability. We will also have to trust that this person stays with
the job for a long time so we don't have to engage a new one during
this. And how can we make sure that this person does not say "Sorry, but
business is tough at the moment, I don't have time for volunteer work
right now".

I didn't mean this sarcasticly, I'm just asking if there is any real
solution to this reality? I would LOVE to get rid of TYPO3.org from my
todo list. But we can not hand this over to any random individual as you
can see!

- kasper