[Typo3-dev] TypoScript Syntax Parser for HomeSite

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Tue Jul 13 10:38:53 CEST 2004

Andreas Otto wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 July 2004 08:40, Rainer Kuhn wrote:
>
>>in the end of last year I wrote a basic TypoScript syntax parser for code
>>highlighting in HomeSite 5. There are definitely not *all* keywords
>>implemented, but it is extensible, so it shouldn't be a problem to improve
>>it.
>>
>>If anybody is interested in this parser, I could provide it for the
>>community somewhere.
>

> How about putting this on the TYPO3xdev CVS.
>
> The benefits would be that interested developers could get write access to the
> project "ts_syntaxhiglighting" if we would name it that way.
>
> My idea would be to have syntax highlighting files for different editors in
> this project. The base definition could be written as XML file and the be
> parsed e. g. by a PHP file to produce the syntax higlighting files for the
> different editors.

Hi Andreas,

sounds like a good idea, even though I'm not so sure it'll be possible to
keep *all* editor independent information in an XML file. Especially for
HomeSite Parsers some of the information is processed in a very special way
- IMHO, it was my first try to write a (HomeSite-) syntax parser... :)

Nevertheless most of the relevant stuff like reserved words, symbols or
block identifiers could be kept in an metadata file.

Cheers,
Rainer