[Typo3-dev] How to prefill fields in Extension withfrontenduserdata ?

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Fri Jul 9 17:39:31 CEST 2004

 *hiya!*

 On Fri, 09 Jul 2004, Jacob Lindhardsen wrote the following:
> But how to check if the user is logged in ?

 if (is_array($GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->user)) {
    // user is logged in
 }

 ;-)

> Also: $GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->user['uid'], will allow me to pull the
> stuff out of the DB. What is fe_user here ? The table with the data is
> called fe_users so it doesnt refer directly to the table. Could you
> translate the line into normal prose for me Wolfgang ?

 fe_user is a tslib_feUserAuth object (see corresponding class)

> Now you've mentioned it in another thread (How to get Startingpoint of a
> plugin..?), but there it is referred to as part of a class right ? Where can
> I find this class/function or object and some docs on it ?
>
> And where can I find information on $GLOBALS["TSFE"] ? On what information
> is avalable and of course also how to fetch them. Couldnt find it in the API
> Overview anywhere.

 first of all you can always use
    get_class_methods($object) and
    get_class_vars($object) on objects
 and use the debug function to output any object/array data...
 debug($GLOBALS['TSFE']);
 secondly install the extension "extdeveval" and you'll get a row with
 "dev links" in the top frame in the backend
 (= links to the API documentation)

 bye
 Wolfgang