[Typo3-dev] Call for ideas/help: front-end editing

Bo bo at darkwork.net
Wed Jul 7 00:23:48 CEST 2004

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, dan frost wrote:

> Basically, the stuff i've done makes building the "backend"
> functionality into a custom look and feel a lot easier.
>
> So: who's interested? what do you think? who wants to help?

Sounds cool --
I've been working on frontend editing just recently (using custom php
extensions) and this obTS approach sounds like it could work. Do you
have any more details at this point?

The main issue I've encountered (and this has been raised by plenty of
people before) is the fact that the TCE needs to be abstracted away from a
purely backend context so it can be used in the frontend too.

bo.