[Typo3-dev] Ext with multiple plugins, Q1: one config location for multiple plugins?

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Mon Jul 5 16:48:54 CEST 2004

Hi all,

we're working our first extensions for TYPO3. We have one special case of an
extension containing three frontend plugins (pi1, pi2, pi3). There are two
basic issues I couldn't find a reasonable solution for - here's the first
question (I will open a second thread for the other question because of the
different issue):

Q1) Config for multiple plugins:

When we started the extension with only one plugin, we put some changeable
configuration (to use in $this->conf) in the file "ext_typoscript_setup.txt"
with a scheme like this:

	plugin.tx_ptconfvisitors_pi1 {
		key1 = val1
		key2 = val2
	}

After integrating the second plugin we had some values which should be used
by both plugins. Of course we don't want to hold redundant information at
two different locations (like an additional part
"plugin.tx_ptconfvisitors_pi2..." with partially same data) and change same
configuration values at several points, but we didn't find a reasonable way
to do this so far...

What would be the appropriate way to keep the configuration for multiple
plugins at one location (which is accesible for admin users through the BE)?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Rainer