[Typo3-dev] Development status TemplaVoila

Martin T. Kutschker Martin-no5pam-Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Mon Jul 5 21:34:09 CEST 2004

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:

> That way we could easily release "nightly builds" every week or so.

A nightly is IMHO not for much of interest for a server interest (we
have a CVS). Better would bet alpha or beta releases.

Alphas wouldn't require any testing. The only thing that the release
manager must require is that the developers have no current "open ends",
ie the system works at least (your able to log in, display a page etc).
And all debug code (if any) is deactivated.

A beta could have some extra tests before publishing. It should work for
"normal" installations, only minor glitches ar allowed (except
*published* know bugs). The first beta of 3.7 should IMHO have something
that's really new (not "just" bug fixes and overall improvements).

Masi