[Typo3-dev] Development status TemplaVoila

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond at fsa.ulaval.ca
Mon Jul 5 16:26:26 CEST 2004

"Ingmar Schlecht" <ingmars at web.de> :

> An essential part of that release workflow is an automated release
process.

> I think it wouldn't be that difficult to make a cronjob triggered script
> that automatically gets the latest Typo3 Core from CVS, fetches the
> latest translation strings from Typo3.org, triggers the (already
> working) package creation script and finally uploads the packages to
> typo3.sunsite.dk.
>
> That way we could easily release "nightly builds" every week or so.

Ah the Joel test... It bugs me a bit that it was not possible to have a one
click build from CVS but with those new SE (system extension) I see the
light at the end of the tunnel...

The Joel Test
-------------
 1-Do you use source control?
 2-Can you make a build in one step?
 3-Do you make daily builds?
 4-Do you have a bug database?
 5-Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
 6-Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
 7-Do you have a spec?
 8-Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
 9-Do you use the best tools money can buy?
10-Do you have testers?
11-Do new candidates write code during their interview?
12-Do you do hallway usability testing?

Point #8 could be does Rie cooks good but...well... And concerning #11, I'm
still not convince by the code from that Kasper guy... Maybe we should hire
someonoe else.

: )

Patrick