[Typo3-dev] thougts of TYPO3 imagefunction and short MD5 Hash

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Sat Jul 3 01:09:30 CEST 2004

I didn't follow you all the way, but nevermind. I think your point is
right. For instance, lets say we have a hash string between 1 and 1000.
If we make two strings from various sources there is a 1/1000 chance
that those two strings would be the same. But if you make 100 strings
there is a much higher probability that we have collisions.

So of course the probability must be balanced with the number of hashes
you plan to do since the interesting thing is what the probability is of
two hashes out of 50000 matching.

- kasper

--
TYPO3 - everything artcoded