[Typo3-dev] Extensions using different MySQL databases

Dominic Stockdale dom at 3ev.com
Fri Jan 30 12:22:45 CET 2004

Hello All,

I'm sure many of you will have encountered this problem before, but I'm
having trouble with an extension that queries another database than
TYPO3's.

The problem is that when the extension connects to another MySQL
database, which it does fine, PHP inherits the link so TYPO3 falls over
as the the user name and password are different.

I'm just wondering if anyones got an elegant solution to this. I can
think of lots of ugly ways to do this but I'm left wondering if there's
a particularly tidy TYPO3 way of doing it.

;) Dom

Big hi to all you snowboarders out there
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee