[Typo3-dev] Speaking URIs

Martin Poelstra martin at beryllium.net
Fri Jan 16 23:11:48 CET 2004

Hi Patrick,

> Since we're using a lot of Aliases, I just want to ask if you're going to
> support those...If possible
>
> Aliases are the only way (I figured out) to control simulatestatic names
of
> pseudo-files.
>
> If Pagetitle is "Télévision" and id = 10
>
> config.simulateStaticDocuments_addTitle = 25
>
> Will give you : T_l_vision.10.0.html wich is not really nice.
>
> Our solution so far to ok URL is to use
> "config.simulateStaticDocuments_noTypeIfNoTitle=1" and Aliases.
> This return television.html if Alias is "television".

My extension will automatically convert e's with accents etc. to 'normal'
characters. You don't need aliases anymore. The URL will be something like
http://server.com/television/index.html

> Just wanted to point it out.

Thanks! Maybe you or anyone else can think of more problems, 'strange'
situations that might happen, etc.?

Grtz,
Martin