[Typo3-dev] Speaking URIs

Steffen Mueller steffen at davis.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 16 11:03:36 CET 2004

Hi.

Martin Poelstra schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> You are just a little bit too early with your questions! :)
> I'm developing an extension for speaking URLs already. It currently
> supports the following features:
> (...)

great to hear about the forthcoming of speakingURIs!

will the new extension also rewrite URIs created by any extension?

an example: we turned on 'simulate static' in order to invite google&co
to crawl our site. it works, but news aren't indexed because, 'simulate
static' doesn't rewrite news-URIs (they contain a ?, that's why google
drops them):
http://www.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de/index.php?id=74&backPID=1&tt_news=50

same with the lz_phpbb and maybe others.

--
cheers,
Steffen

"Education is man's going forward from cocksure ignorance
to thoughtful uncertainty." (Don Clarks' Scrapbook)