[Typo3-dev] Removal tool for typo3 copyright comment (extensionSourceOptimization)

"Kasper Skårhøj" kasper at typo3.com
Mon Jan 12 15:32:06 CET 2004

The official stand on this issue is:

- We claim copyright on all sourcecode of TYPO3 of course; This means all the files distributed in TYPO3
- We do not/cannot claim copyright on the *product coming out of* TYPO3 - this means it is totally legal to disable the notice outputted by default in the HTML header of TYPO3 generated pages.

- However; we see it as a hostile move to disable that notice since there should be no reason to do so if you truely acknowledge that you are using TYPO3. Therefore disabling the notice makes us suspicious.

I believe that the extension author has actually understood this quite well if you look at the notice he publised in the documentation of the extension regarding this; he expressed that it is not legally wrong but not nice to do.

God bless

- kasper