[Typo3-dev] Filter Services

Martin Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Fri Jan 2 10:35:17 CET 2004

Hi!

Services for Typo3 rocks. And that Typo3 provides a framework is a good thing too.

But I don't like the fact that the Service "base class" provides filter stuff. IMHO a base class should provide only basic things. I suggest creating a "real" base class and deriving a filter base class from it. Makes it all nice and tidy.

Masi

PS: I read only the docs and didn't have a look at the actual code. But I'm sure my point stands, anyway ;-)

PPS: I do also dislike pibase, which is kind of messy to me. Way too much methods you don't need. And some like the pager and search box methods aren't even *ahem* - well, I really think they could have been done better.