[Typo3-dev] Indexedsearch 2.0

S. Teuber traveler_in_time at gmx.net
Tue Feb 17 17:39:19 CET 2004

Hey Karsten,

>>> What was it that you couldn't do with CSS? I'm just curious...
>> Various things, including:
>
> Thanks for the answer. I'll try to comment on the options,

HOW DARE YOU!? YOU BLO...

> but please
> read the last paragraph before flaming me! :)

Oh. Okay. I'll do. ;-D

>> - surpressing the "search for xy"-message (changing the
>> "searchFor"-indexes in locallang.php doesn't prevent the output of the
>> actual searchwords)
>
> Could be done with display:none, but...

Can I add a display:none via the Typo3 CSS styler?
For example, if I choose to edit the "Search box" in the CSS styler, it
seems that my options are limited to setting margins. And defining the
style of the actual text output.

>> - adding some dutted line seperators (although this *might* have been
>> done by adding background-image-url's to some td-classes, but this
>> caused some cross-browser-trouble in the past)
>
> Or border-style:dotted.

Well, according to my design guide (which I learned to really, deeply hate
with the time 'cause it seems to be cast in stone) the dotted line has to
be a blue dot with *two* transparent dots following (and that's repeated).
My current knowledge on border-style just gives me a
one-blue-one-transparent-dotted solution. :P

> I don't want to pull your leg on this! I'm just curious on what can
> actually be done with CSS alone (and there were some great links on
> the list the last days...). And often I have the feeling that a lot of
> people (inlcuding me) are focused on fonts and colors, when it comes
> to CSS.

When it comes to CSS, I'm still *very* impressed with
http://www.csszengarden.com/ (try the different designs linked on the
right). However, the indexed search is far from being that flexible. :(

Sven