[Typo3-dev] Indexedsearch 2.0

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Tue Feb 17 11:02:45 CET 2004

Hi!

On 2004-02-16, S. Teuber <traveler_in_time at gmx.net> wrote:
>>> If you do, is there any possibility to seperate code and layout? I just
>>> "modified" the indexed search engine to suit our layout-needs and it's
>>
>> What was it that you couldn't do with CSS? I'm just curious...
>
> Various things, including:

Thanks for the answer. I'll try to comment on the options, but please
read the last paragraph before flaming me! :)

> - replacing the "submit" button by an image + surpressing the original
> submit-button
> - placing the "submit"-image below the searchwords-field in an area that
> has a different background-color than the area with the textfield

Ok. Can't do that with CSS.

> - surpressing the "search for xy"-message (changing the
> "searchFor"-indexes in locallang.php doesn't prevent the output of the
> actual searchwords)

Could be done with display:none, but...

> - creating kind of a "header"-line for a searchresults ("type"-icon |
> Linked title | result-percentage | Linked Icon)

Aside from the linked icon this is in place - I'd have talked to the
designer to just remove that from his design :)

> - adding some dutted line seperators (although this *might* have been done
> by adding background-image-url's to some td-classes, but this caused some
> cross-browser-trouble in the past)

Or border-style:dotted.

> - getting rid of the "Advanced Search"-link, I wasn't able to do so by
> using TypoScript

Again, display:none

> Besides, it's just *much* cleaner if the HTML isn't weaved into the PHP
> code. After all, I guess that's why the Typo3-core provides template
> handlers... ;)

True (although not always).

I don't want to pull your leg on this! I'm just curious on what can
actually be done with CSS alone (and there were some great links on
the list the last days...). And often I have the feeling that a lot of
people (inlcuding me) are focused on fonts and colors, when it comes
to CSS.

Karsten