[Typo3-dev] Re: "template engine" as service?

Martin Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Tue Feb 10 11:31:41 CET 2004

Martin Kutschker writes on
Mon, 09 Feb 2004 15:54:15 +0100 (MET):

> Hi!
>
> I have only browsed over the docs of template voila, but it occured to
> me that the mechanics of output in arrays can be generalized. With
> Smarty you also assign scalars and arrays to output.
>
> So I think that with a little changing in template voila, we could
> have a Typo3 service. A sister extension that provides the same
> service utilizing Smarty for it's output has yet to be written.

I am aware that templaVoila has more in store than the template engine. So I'm not talking about making this fine new thing obsolete. I'm arguing for choice. Now that Tyo3 has services I think this is a point where they could be of use.

The only possible time to do is now. Once extension authors switch solely to templaVoila it's over. So if anybody thinks having the template engine as a service rather than a dependcy to a specific extension is something to have, he or she should try and convince Kasper.

Masi