[Typo3-dev] "template engine" as service?

Thomas Murphy murphy at thepanemgroup.com
Mon Feb 9 20:44:23 CET 2004

Hello,

i think this would be a great idea - i'm also a big fan of smarty.
one question about that: is the actual template engine (renderer)
already an extension that can be replaced?
if so, integrating smarty would 'just' be some work, but we could do
that with respect to the overall framework.
i'm really excited about the typo extension system, it's the best i've
ever seen, even if i don't completely
understand it by now.
One part that could be hard to code is the typoscript stuff be
integrated into smarty.
I have no idea how this works.

bye,
Murphy