[Typo3-dev] Red Hat Content Accelerator?

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [netfielders] jh at netfielders.de
Tue Aug 31 19:49:06 CEST 2004

About 2 yearsago,we did some experiments, and for a while we had it running
as well. For static files we could send out about 10 times as much files
compared to apache, in some experiments a lot more. But tux is only for
static files. Well, there are these userspace modules, but I don't know much
about those,the php user module was not available that time...

If I remember right, redhat9 is already coming with anything needed in the
kernel, that was a pain to install when we did those experiments.

We did finaly stop using it, as it was a little difficult to use it in a
shared hosting environment. The problem is that tux does not know about
virtual hosts, just in some standard way. Every domain had to be set up  as
a directory, which is mostly not the case. We solved this via a LOT
symlinks...

tux is really fast, but I am not sure if this is developed any further.
Version 2.2 is already very old, today I'd also have a look at thttpd, which
we did not do any experiments with those days...

Jan-Hendrik

news:mailman.1.1093966277.26345.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...