[Typo3-dev] Red Hat Content Accelerator?

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue Aug 31 19:36:13 CEST 2004

Reuven Cohen wrote:
> Anyone using Red Hat Content Accelerator 2.2?
> see >> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/tux/TUX-2.2-Manual/intro.html

Oh, I didn't know tux was still alive, but they've only renamed it ;)

1. Kernel-Space-Webservers are evil, they're even more evil if you're
using dynamic pages with cgi.

2. If you need a small, high-performance webserver, look at thttpd or
fnord which are as fast, but a lot more secure. These are meant for
static file serving.

3. If you want Typo3, you won't want anything but apache+mod_php+php
accelerator. Tiny webservers are for static content, so what you gain
from using them with static files you'll lose with cgi because PHP will
be started for every request. I don't think you'll beat mod_php even
with scgi or fastcgi.

To answer your question: No, I haven't used it, but only because it
seems like a bad idea.

Cheers,
Michael