[Typo3-dev] Image Cropper

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Sun Aug 29 09:09:16 CEST 2004

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [netfielders] wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Ages ago we thought about an image cropper for typo3, well it's done now as
> a demo for the frontend. Work did our dHTML Guru Michael van Ouwerkerk, he
> also set up the first versions of the two layer menus (there is hardly
> anything left from the original code thought...).
>
> http://www.speedingrhino.com/temp/Image_Cropper_v1.0/cropper.htm
>
> If anyone is interested in this, we are looking for sponsoring for including
> it in the backend. We thought about adding it to the click menu in fileadmin
> to crop images.

Sounds interestign, but if you do it in fileadmin you'll change the
originals. I think it might be of interest to add some image procressing
functions in fileadmin (crop, resize - we'll need a clear image cache
function then!), but for seemless integration into the current code I'd
add the basic feature to the TS object IMAGE and the wizrad to the
content elements image and text w/image.

Masi