[Typo3-dev] S: mysql no threading for typo3-live cd rom

Ernesto Baschny ernst at baschny.de
Fri Aug 27 13:30:03 CEST 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Juergen Egeling wrote:

> Under freeBSD I have just one mysqld running, which is perfect! But with
> the Knoppix debian gnu I have no clue where to tweak it. What we came
> up with is the idea, to disable the threading in mysqld, for which a
> recompile is necessary.
> Could anyone do this for me and send me the binary for debian. I would
> throw it in and have a look, if this makes things better.

There are lots of configuration options for MySQL which don't require a
recompile. Have a read under:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Optimizing_the_Server.html

I see lots of options regarding "threads". One of the subtopics is "How
MySQL Uses Memory"  from which you will be able to know what exactly to
adjust: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Memory_use.html

Cheers,
Ernesto