[Typo3-dev] Typo3 as Flash CMS

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Thu Aug 26 18:53:11 CEST 2004

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Borg wrote:
> That is a good start. But one soon realizes there are some info missing.
> There is obviously the issue with other content types that needs to be added
> to the xml

Adding support for other content element types is simple, you just need
2 lines of TS code and maybe a small PHP function for a new type.

The architecture of the xml_contentrendering extension is the same as
css_styled_content.

You can contact me if you want me to explain it in detail to you.

> (it is after all just an experimental extension still, good one
> at that).

Thanks!

> The menu xml data above is missing info about what swf or movieclip in flash
> is supposed
> to handle the content xml.

OK, so that's the only problem of your "third approach", isn't it?

> Im thinking
> that the menu xml needs to contain 3 things, a) descriptions (like title,
> thumbnail and maybe
> an abstract - which is available in an advanced menu),

That's really easy.
In order to include the abstract field in the generated XML code, you
would just have to change the ext_typoscript_setup.txt of the
ingmar_xmlmenu extension from:

2.NO.stdWrap.dataWrap =  <subsection level="2" name="|" id="{field:uid}"
link="index.php?id={field:uid}"

to:

2.NO.stdWrap.dataWrap =  <subsection level="2" name="|" id="{field:uid}"
link="index.php?id={field:uid}" abstract="{field:abstract}"

and so forth...

> b) the link to where
> the content
> xml can be loaded from and

Well, it aleady contains that information:
     link="index.php?id=20" type="444"

> c) the display layer that should handle it, ie in
> this case probably a
> swf file.

Just configure the media field to accept SWF files and use it for that
purpose.

Look at the TCA-configuration of that field with the
"Tools->Configuration" module in the Backend.

> First question...is this good logic?

I don't know if this makes sense from the Flash point of view (because
I'm not a flash programmer), I can just assure you that it's all
possible with Typo3.

cheers,
Ingmar