[Typo3-dev] S: Sponsoring Windows authentification in TYPO3

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Thu Aug 26 17:52:39 CEST 2004

Hans J. Martin wrote:
> Hi,
> sorry forgot to mention that the key is hjm_singlesignon

Found it!

>>What do mean by "makes the NTLM auth with the client"? The webserver
>>does authentication against the browser (client)? Duh?
>
> sorry, sound strange. In fact the extension sends the browser some headers
> wich forces the browser to send back all needed information.

I see, you're doing the HTTP authentication the hard way ;-)

>>Hehe, seems that many developers have hacked their own extension of the
>>authentication classes.
>
> Maybe we can merge the ideas to one secure and reliable (and public)
> extension?

Would be very good. I know of one which is done very good and is
flexible. Unfortunately it's AFAIK still not public :-(

I'd start with this one and add the best ideas and concepts of all other
approaches mentioned here. But of course the one I'm thinking of has to
be published first.

Masi