[Typo3-dev] S: Sponsoring Windows authentification in TYPO3

Hans J. Martin hans-jakob.martin at gmx.net
Thu Aug 26 16:24:48 CEST 2004

Hi,
sorry forgot to mention that the key is hjm_singlesignon
Please see this as a start..
> Where is it? Did you check the "public" checkbox?
hopefully yes..

> What do mean by "makes the NTLM auth with the client"? The webserver
> does authentication against the browser (client)? Duh?
sorry, sound strange. In fact the extension sends the browser some headers
wich forces the browser to send back all needed information. (Un)fortunatly
the the password is crypted (NT /LM) and i haven't figured out how to
decrypt ;-). So today the extension just gets the windows logged in username
and checks if it exists in the fe_users.
There are several options to make an auth with the password as I mention in
one of the last postings

> Hehe, seems that many developers have hacked their own extension of the
> authentication classes.
Maybe we can merge the ideas to one secure and reliable (and public)
extension?

Rgds,
Hans