[Typo3-dev] S: Sponsoring Windows authentification in TYPO3

Hans J. Martin hans-jakob.martin at gmx.net
Thu Aug 26 15:46:53 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've uploaded an extension wich does half the way:
It makes the NTLM auth with the client and if the user is found it will
force the log in.
It does not (now) check the users password - so only use this if you can
trust the logged in windows user.
Moreover it does only work the first time you start the browser, because it
checks if a cookie is set. Doing it this way you can logoff and start a new
session as an other user.
The extension might be a good start for improvement and setting up more
secure services -
more over this one does not need any additional apache modules - you can see
the whole story of howto get the ntlm auth in the source.

Does this help you?

Rgds,
Hans
news:mailman.77.1093519366.31097.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...