[Typo3-dev] S: Sponsoring Windows authentification in TYPO3

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Thu Aug 26 13:22:14 CEST 2004

Hi,
to be honest I am a little bit puzzled. I have a lot of offers that
say they have done it. Which is ok. But coming to the SSO point
(Singled sign on)  with apache under Linux I now have two versions.
One group says: absolutely impossible, works only under IE, the other
group says: OK, possible under Linux.
To be honest, I do not know why it should not be possible with apache.
Is there no way the browser can tell the php website, which user is
using the  browser, and the php script than asks a server if this
user is allowed to log-in? Or where do the problems come from.
It might be interesting for all of you to discuss if it is really
impossible or if there are chances to implement this, ....

have fun
Juergen
--
punkt.de GmbH               Internet-Dienstleistungen-Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25              Tel.: 0721 9109-0  Fax: -100