[Typo3-dev] Frontend Plugin Customisation

John Begley John.Begley at hummingbird.com
Wed Aug 25 22:10:32 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm creating a front end plugin which gets content from an existing
database.  I want to be able to give the user of the plugin options to
configure the way the data will be displayed (i.e. which columns will be
displayed etc)

I see on Kaspers CD Collection video that he adds a field to the tt_content
table in order for the user to select type of CDs to list - but if I add a
field here it appears for all content elements.

I'm probably missing something fundamental here, but basically I want to
allow custom configuration for an individual plugin.

Could somebody tell me what I should be considering here, or maybe this is
not the way front-end plugins are supposed to work...?

Thanks a lot

John Begley